Why Should I Get a Massage?
Massage therapy is an effective treatment to reduce muscle tension, pain, and stress. It involves manipulating, rubbing, and pressing ligaments, tendons, muscle, and skin.
Common massage types include:
- Deep Tissue Massage – This technique uses slow, forceful, and targeted strokes to connective tissues and deeper muscle layers to break down scar tissue, reduce pain, and circulate blood flow
- Myofascial Massage – Gentle and light pressure on myofascial tissues that support the muscles to loosen and remove stiffness.
- Neuromuscular Massage – Applying pressure using the elbows, knuckles, or fingers on soft tissues and muscles to reduce chronic pain, compression, and spasm.
- Swedish Massage – A massage type that uses tapping, vibration, circular movements, kneading, and long strokes for muscle tension relief, relaxation, and energy boost.
- Sports Massage – Geared towards athletes and individuals involved in sports and physical training, which helps treat and prevent injuries.
- Trigger Point Massage – Focuses stiff and sore muscle fibers that can form because of overuse or injuries.
Massage Therapy Benefits
Massage reduces stress, relaxes the body, and offers the following benefits:
Strengthens the Body’s Immune System
Massage therapy boosts the immune system’s natural ability to deliver nourishment and cytotoxic capacity for antibody response. Massage, together with exercise and wellness programs, keeps the body resilient, healthy, and fine-tuned.
The body can be tense and sore from bad posture, but massage helps loosen tight muscles and relaxes you. It also frees up joints, restores the range of motion, relieves pressure points, and promotes flexibility.
Massage therapy corrects the body’s poor posture from habit or a reaction to pain and helps the body reposition itself in a healthy and organic posture.
The pulling, twisting, and squeezing massage movements move the blood through damaged muscles and congested body areas. Massage removes lactic acid buildup in muscle tissues and allows blood to flow.
Improved circulation allows the body to excrete metabolic waste products correctly and for healthy body functions.
Massage is helpful for:
- Joint Pain
- Sports injuries
- Soft tissue injuries or strains
- Myofascial pain syndrome or referred pain
- Stress-related insomnia
- Fibromyalgia or widespread musculoskeletal pain
- Digestive disorders
Massage Therapy in DeLand, Florida
Take advantage of massage benefits with a licensed massage therapist in Dr. James J. Hether’s clinic.
Experience painless, non-invasive, and drug-free massage therapy to relieve your pain, drive off anxiety and depression, and help you regain your health.
Contact Dr. James J. Hether’s office at (386) 734 0702 for more information on massage therapy and schedule an appointment.